It’s no secret that carpets can be expensive. Utah residents generally live an active, outdoor lifestyle. This can be hard on carpets as people, pets, and kids bring outdoor dirt and debris inside. This can cause wear and tear on your carpets and cause them to deteriorate faster than they should. A high-quality carpet can last for years, but only if it’s properly cared for. Here are six tips to help you get the most out of your carpet:
- Vacuum regularly – The single most important thing you can do to care for your carpet is to vacuum it regularly. Vacuuming removes dirt, dust and other debris that can damage the fibers of your carpet. At a minimum, you should vacuum once a week.
- Use doormats – Doormats help remove dirt and grime from your shoes before you even step on your carpet. Placing mats at all entrances to your home will help keep your carpet clean.
- Clean up spills immediately – Spills can cause permanent stains on your carpet if they’re not cleaned up right away. When a spill happens, blot the area with a clean, dry cloth to remove as much of the liquid as possible. Then, use a mild soap and warm water to remove any remaining residue.
- Protect your carpet from furniture – Furniture can damage your carpet, so it’s important to protect it. Use felt pads under furniture legs to prevent scratching, and place coasters under beverages to prevent spills.
- Vacuum before professional cleaning – Before you have your carpets professionally cleaned, vacuum the area to remove as much dirt and debris as possible. This will help the professionals do a better job and avoid damaging your carpet.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned regularly – In addition to vacuuming, you should have your carpets professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months. This will help remove any deep-seated dirt and grime that vacuuming can’t reach.
We offer great rates for Utah residents to help keep your carpets clean and functional for years to come. Call Mountain Carpet Care today to schedule your professional carpet cleaning!